Social media groups are a great place to make new connections and find valuable information. LinkedIn and Facebook are two of our favorite places to connect with like-minded people. LinkedIn tends to call for a more professional atmosphere, while Facebook can provide both professional and personal environments depending on the group.
Not all groups are equal. Some groups provide more value than others. Here are some of our favorite social media groups for both community and business.
- Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce – The Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce is committed to serving our members and enhancing our community by building business success.
- Tampa Bay Business Network – A group of 15,000+ Greater Tampa Bay area professionals who want to grow and strengthen business relationships through networking, collaborative information sharing and events in the bay area.
- Tampa Bay Technology Forum – The Tampa Bay Technology Forum (TBTF) is a professional organization of today’s brightest technology leaders. As a TBTF Member, you are part of a dynamic community of thousands of technology professionals who are united to make Tampa Bay a place where technology-based business and innovation thrives.
- Tampa Bay Business Journal – For nearly three decades the Tampa Bay Business Journal has been the “go-to” source for exclusive breaking business news and business-to-business market intelligence in the seven-county Tampa Bay region. Our team of award-winning journalists covers more than 20 different business beats.
- Tampa Bay WaVE – Since our founding in 2008, Tampa Bay WaVE has maintained a clear commitment to one mission: Helping entrepreneurs turn ideas into thriving tech ventures in Tampa Bay. Our members are some of the best and brightest entrepreneurial minds around, building and growing more than 100 different web ventures.
- Tampa Bay Non-Profit Network – The Tampa Bay Non-Profit Network is an interactive forum for connecting people involved with non-profit charitable organizations in the greater Tampa Bay area.
Niche Business Groups
- Tampa Bay Marketing Professionals – is group is for Linked In members who work in Tampa Bay in marketing, sales, PR and advertising who want to connect for career advancement. The forum is a lively area where all aspects of marketing are discussed, and where marketers create joint ventures and find new career opportunities.
- Young Professionals of Tampa Bay – Welcome to the Young Professionals of Tampa Bay! We are the networking group designed for successful, fun, and driven professionals in the Tampa market dedicated to professional and personal growth. All of our members are between the ages of 21 and 45, and we are open to anyone with the same goal of meeting others in business while having fun.
- Tampa Bay Accounting & Finance Professionals – TBAF is an online forum for Accounting & Finance Professionals within the Tampa Bay Area or looking to relocate to the Tampa Bay Area. TBAF was created as a venue for A&F Professionals in the area to network, conduct professional dialogue, share ideas, articles, and news on the marketplace.
- HR Tampa – Welcome to the HR Tampa Chapter #074 of the Society for Human Resource Management. We are the premier professional association for human resource professionals in Tampa Bay and one of Florida’s largest and most active chapters.
- Tampa Bay Working Women – A networking group for professional women living in the Tampa Bay area.
Niche Business Groups
- Artists of Tampa Bay
- What’s Going On In Tampa Bay
- Women Helping Women ~ Tampa Bay
- Tampa Bay Rays Fans
- In the Know Guide Tampa Bay
- Tampa Bay Comedy
- 1,000,000 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Fans